Thursday, September 04, 2008

Kilpatrick


It has been on television all day long. By the time I got home and turned on the news to really get the details, I just sat and cried. Took myself by surprise. I have spent my share of time discussing this with sarcasm and a judgemental attitude.
But tonight I suddenly saw a man loved deeply by God. This man who has been gifted with so much that God must have had a purpose for. He is still viable to be used to glorify God. But today, I feel so sad for him. I will admit, for the first time I am sad for him. I do not defend him. He shames Detroit. I am not sure he got consequences severe enough for his actions.
But I do know that God's heart is breaking.

4 comments:

Netta said...

Yes, I cried today, too.
It's a sad day for him and Detroit.
But I've been praying...God certainly can use anything to bring His good to a person and a city.

Jada's Gigi said...

yes, very sad and a waste...but perhaps God is at work even now.

Margie said...

i agree. And maybe he didn't get what he deserved for what he did, but aren't we usually really glad when God covers us with grace? 4 months in jail doesn't seem very long, however, if you ask me, one day would be too long for me. But I saw a woman speak the other day, that was wrongfully convicted, and you know what? that is where God grabbed ahold of her heart, that's where she did bible studies and lead other people to Him, and so, I am not sure what God is going to do in his life, but I am sure, His grace covers K'wame, even when he doesn't deserve it, and that is the true definition...

I think this is so long, I could have just written my own post!

Trish said...

So sad an end to such a gifted man.
May he find peace and continue to seek Gods grace.