Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sick Day(s)


Home sick yesterday and again today; sinus troubles. Yes, I know, a neti pot has magical sinus voodoo. I neti showered, does it count if one uses a shower instead of an official pot?

Anyway, yesterday my headache was so bad I couldn't even read...what a waste of a sick day. Plus I had to haul my dark circled eyes to the library because my books were due. So there I was with six new books I couldn't read! Today I am feeling still quite head-achey and want more to sleep and be still than anything. I'm frustrated because on Friday I am starting a week off to take care of the Alabama move and I don't like calling in like this when I'm about to start a "vacation." In fact, I'm sitting here wondering if I could take some Dayquil, take a neti shower and go in a bit late? The problem is that I'm afraid that if I don't handle myself rather cautiously I'll be in really bad shape for the trip. Not to mention that although it feels irresponsible to call off, it is irresponsible to expose others to my cooties.

At the library I picked up 4 books on CD. Three of them were for the trip because it helps with the 12 hour road trip, especially for the in-laws. I might cheat and pop one in if my head still refuses to cooperate with for-real reading.

So pray for me, if you will? I need to go to work tomorrow and I need to be in top-form for the Smith Northern Migration of 0-9.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Amrita said...

Hope you are feeling better. I 've been down too with terrible stomach cramps , and aches all over

Louise said...

Oh Thara, I am SO sorry you're not feeling well. Bless your precious, blood-bought heart ... may you soon be all better and ready to go to AL. Please rest & take it easy ... as a nurse, you know how important that is, right???

I loveth thee.