Friday, June 09, 2006

Love, God


Song of Solomon 2:12
Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come...

In my dresser drawer is an old box filled with hand-written letters from the Mr. They date back to the mid 1980s and our high school days and move forward through time.
They are mushy and sweet and sad attempts at poetry.
They make me laugh and cry.
All these years later on my cell phone is a whole bunch of saved text messages from the same author.
God is always sending me love letters too.
One of my favorites is lilac letters. I love lilacs. They are one of the many ways God tells me He loves me. He created lilacs for me.
Every time my lilac bush blooms or I see the purply flowers I know that up in heaven my Father is sending me a love letter.
When I smell their delicious scent I know He stopped to put in that extra detail just for me.
He knew just the kind of flower that would take my breath away.
Gotten any good love letters lately?

1 comment:

Margie said...

the awesome friends God has placed in my life...