Monday, June 16, 2008

Pondering


I don't know what's in the air, but we Michiganders are having quite a season for gardening. Margie has her beautiful veggie and herb garden. My parents have flowers blooming from every possible container. I have planted giant pumpkins and sunflowers. We're all waiting to see what become of the Topsy Turvy tomato planter, although mine has hit the ground three times.
Now we are moving on to container ponds. That's right, ponds. My parents and I (being a bad influence on one another) saw a news spot about growing pond plants in a container without installing a high falutin' real pond. Well, there was nothing for it but to give it a go as we do nothing without full-on obsession. I found a big plastic tub and threw it in the yard knowing my dad would buy pond plants for me because there was no doubt he and my mom were going to plant a water garden. Guess what? Got home and there it was! All the Mr. and I had to do was pick up some gravel and admire its fabulousness.
The container pond people tell us that the water will settle and be very beautiful with virtually no upkeep, which is a good thing since I'm busy picking up my Topsy Turvy tomato planter off the ground constantly. Will keep you updated. There are two snails in it already and I am not sure how I feel about that.
Come winter, we're gonna ice skate on it.

John 5:4 For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.

Not only do I really love this scripture, but if this isn't troubled water I don't know what is.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I think we need a bigger yard...we're plant happy!
I feel the need now to take a picture of mine...maybe in a day or two.
Keep those green thumbs polished!!

KayMac said...

I've always wanted to try this. Let me know how it goes!