Tuesday, September 04, 2012

The week in review


The Mr. & his mom
 Home! Technically, home on Sunday evening.  Spent much of Monday being very tired and lazy although we were blessed to have dinner with my parents and Donna!  This morning the Mr. is back to work and I'm dragging myself around getting organized, grocery shopping, ironing and attempting to work up some enthusiasm to return to work tomorrow.  Oh, and I really should clean my floors, blah.
Currently, the only enthusiasm I'm exhibiting is to crawl back into bed!
We had a wonderful time away together, with so much to do and so many people to visit it seemed to fly by.  Maybe that's why we're so worn out after our "vacation!"  We drove halfway to Alabama and spent a night in Elizabethtown, Kentucky on Wednesday.  On Thursday we completed the trip and arrived in Alabama in the afternoon.  We spent Thursday evening with the Mr.'s mom On Friday morning Dean took his mom to a doctor's appointment and then we went to the cemetery to visit his dad's grave site.  His headstone had been placed since we were there last year.  He's buried in the churchyard where he grew up along with his parents and generations before.  Then in the evening we went out to dinner with our precious friends, Jerry & Heather.  Heather has been through breast cancer treatment since we were there in 2011 and is now cancer-free!  Needless to say, this was an extra-special time with them.  So special that between the laughing and crying and hugging, we didn't take a single picture!  Drat!  On Saturday we had breakfast with Dean's family and in the afternoon, we attended the Smith family reunion.  After the reunion, back on the road.  Saturday night back in Elizabethtown and home Sunday evening.  Shew! For a homebody like me, that's pretty impressive :)
We are actually quite the exciting couple as we are going to Marshall, MI with my mom and sister this weekend for the home tour, I have the Scarf Sister's Reunion coming up and then a little get-away to Traverse City with the Mr. for our anniversary.  I'm becoming skilled at packing.  The unpacking is not as much fun.
It seems the floors are not going to scrub themselves so I'd best take advantage of this last day off.  I'm not promising there won't be a catnap somewhere in the hours ahead. 
Hope all is well in your world!


No comments: