Monday, October 12, 2009

Today's Work

Ok, so technically I'm not wearing an apron. But I probably have a goofy smile because I'm doing my happy homemaker thing today. I brought up a few Autumn decorations from the basement and I'm on laundry load number 3. I need to give this place a thorough going-over because we will be kicking into high gear over the next few weeks and this might be one of my last chances to really get things done before the In-Laws arrive. We are heading to Alabama on Friday October 30, packing them up on Saturday and driving home on Sunday November 1. They will spend Sunday night here and we'll move them into their new apartment on Monday November 2. Then before we know it Thanksgiving and the holiday season will be upon us. Since I'm not sure how much hands-on care the folks will require once they are here, I am enjoying my moments of in between little kids and caring for elderly parents time.
So today I'm scrubbing and cleaning and straightening and enjoying. Next on the list...the bathroom! Admittedly bathroom cleaning does not make my list of most enjoyable household chores.

P.S. when I figure out which one of you talked me into this high maintenance hair cut; you're gonna have some 'splainin' to do!
Psalm 71:8-9 Let my mouth be filled with Your praise and with Your glory all the day. Do not cast me off in the time of old age; Do not forsake me when my strength fails.

3 comments:

Pat said...

I was just thinking about your soon to be trip south, and all that will require of you and Dean. Praying for you all.
ps
I think you talked yourself into your high maintenance hair cut!

Margie said...

if you need anything, please let me know!!

Jada's Gigi said...

I may have been involved in the haircut decision...:) Wish we could have lunch whilst you are in Bama....I'm not too far away...:) enjoy the time in between! I'm hoping for some of that someday.