Sunday, October 11, 2009

Tomorrow's Work


And here we are, nearing the end of another working weekend. I was off on Friday but had creeping crud so none of my normal routine got done. This means tomorrow I'm off with a whole lot of house cleaning calling my name! Happily, I don't really mind it. In fact, I enjoy it. When I came home tonight I made my bed (because it didn't get done this morning.) Then I was looking around trying to decide what to tackle; but you know what? I'm not doing anything else until tomorrow. I am tired, and still on the clock for two more hours. I'm going to relax, drink a diet Vernors and read. Tomorrow will be time enough to put the house in order.

In fact, I will tell you a little secret of mine. I don't like working weekends, that's for certain. But! When I do work the weekend I am off on Monday. Well, the Mr. and Mac work on Monday which means I'm home all alone on a weekday and I get to do my favorite thing...play homemaker. I might even put on some old Gaither music as a soundtrack. I have just one or two errands to run but most of the day will be spent quietly dusting, cleaning and straightening. I'll bring out a few Autumn decorations. I think I'll cook that pot roast in the freezer. I'm looking forward to a day to myself because on those days it's really Jesus and me. I need those times.

Hope you've had a wonderful weekend and Monday holds something that you're looking forward to!

Psalm 8:3-4 When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,The moon and the stars, which You have ordained, What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him?

No comments: