Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day!

Of course, the most important thought today is to express my gratitude for those who have served their country which is really a fancy way of saying that they have made themselves servants of us all. Words are inadequate but my heart overflows with admiration for my dad and the rest of the men and women who have defended our freedom even when we in our homes didn't realize we were in harm's way. And some of us still don't.
Secondly,the folks signed a lease! The apartment is next door to the senior housing they had originally planned on. It's a two bedroom with handicap access. Not senior, so we'll need to step in and provide some help that they will have gotten in the first apartment. Also need to do some creative modifying to keep Dean's dad safe given his Alzheimer's.
Well, off to work today with a brand new opportunity to impact my world for God's glory!

5 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

Hallelujah they are gonna be settled soon!

Margie said...

Glad for a home for the folks!!

Amrita said...

Happy Memorial Day to you

Trish said...

Well are the Smith's all moved into their Apartment!? I sure hope so!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hi, I came over to say Hello. I follow Trish and I see that you got the award that I sent to her which she has passed back to me!
I'll be back to read more later.