Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend/Weekstart

1. Dean's dad had another health scare.
2. Hospice called, coming tomorrow.
3. We did sneak away...to Allen Park!
4. Tried a new produce market and saved about 50% of our usual budget.
5. Finding some great recipe ideas googling "whole food recipes" instead of "low fat" or "Weight Watcher."
6. Today is all about Netflix, chicken pot pie and pajamas.
7. Mac made a pot of vegetable soup and cleaned the back half of the house while I cleaned the front half. So grateful.
8. Dean has introduced our new budget and it seems that shampoo is now a luxury that I have to take out of my allowance. Absurd!
9. It's cold.
10. God is good.


Return to rest oh my soul, for the Lord has been good to you. Psalm 116:7

Image: Dean's dad, summer 2010

8 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

be happy it's only the fancy shampoo .. and not the coloring or cuts ;)

I'm praying for Dean's dad and all of you sweetie.

Pat said...

Wonderful picture of Dean's Dad and a fitting verse with it.

What produce market?

Sara said...

Randazzo on Warren & Telegraph

Stacy said...

I LOVE numbers 6, 7, and 10...not so fond of number 8, it's like telling Dean his bass strings are a luxury, lol!

Trish said...

Mandy loves Randazzo's!
Men just don't understand about our necessities...I never get out of the beauty supply without spending at least $20! LOL.
Praying for you all!

Margie said...

thanks for the tip about Randazzos! I drive by it a lot! I'm going to stop towards the end of the week!

I think its at Joy Road and Telegrpah

Pat said...

OK, so Randazzos is either on Joy or Warren and Telegraph.

Becky said...

God is good! and you are sooo right!! it is sooooo cold.