Tuesday, October 03, 2006

My Jesus, My Savior


I accepted Jesus as my personal savior when I was four years old. Actually, I don’t remember a time before I knew Him. This was the point at which I was healed of a heart condition and I know for sure that after this time; I was changed.
I love my personal Jesus. The Jesus who knows the secrets and shames of my life. The Jesus who not only can soothe my mind, but who longs to whisper peace into my screaming thoughts.
I realize over and over again a simple truth that seems to wander away from my understanding, he is mine. I have been thinking of this and that that I want to change. Nothing earth-shattering so much as stuff as mundane as repainting my bathroom and steam-cleaning my carpets for the holidays. The silly small un-eternal issues that serve to frustrate me on a daily basis. The weekends that fly by so fast and it seems I’ve only traded the tasks at work for tasks at home and the much-anticipated relaxation and enjoyment of two days of leisure never happened.
In the middle of my lists of to-do is my personal Jesus. He loves me so much and wants so much for me. He wants me to be joyful and peaceful and happy.
My Jesus loves my laugh and my collection of sock monkeys.
My Jesus knows that I really need to clean my bedroom because I’ve lost more articles of clothing than I can locate at present. My Jesus sees the plans inside of my head for decorating my house that I can’t seem to get into motion and he knows it makes me nuts.
My Jesus feels my tiredness and counts the hair on my head that I still can’t decide whether to cut or grow.
My personal Jesus understands me much better than you do. Or than I do.
My personal Jesus.
In the middle of this house I’m fed up with and this body that won’t stop eating and this career I never asked for is my personal Jesus.
It is he who defines me.
Psalm 18:46
The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior!


p.s. Dean, this is not a picture of you. This is Jesus. And he's laughing at you.

9 comments:

Becky said...

like it!

Pat said...

He does all that stuff for me too!

Anonymous said...

HA! poor dean.
i always assumed Jesus was laughing at ME in that picture. i'm glad i was incorrect.

Margie said...

i love the pic... I love Jesus. I'm glad to be His.

KayMac said...

I am so glad you clarified. I thought that WAS Dean singing some Third Day. Great post, btw.

Deb said...

not just 'lol' but GUFFAW! I cracked up when I read your P.S.

I'm thinking that the Mr. is not going to live down that faux pax regarding his (not) photo with one of daboyz.

We're too much alike --my husband gets gifts of anything having to do with an armadillo for every gift-giving event because he was once charged and "attacked" by an alligator (which turned out to be an armadillo) It's a long story --but funny! Our home has armadillos here and there --very inconspicuous - but dh and I know they're there. Some are buried in our bedroom - underneath the clothes that I don't know that I have lost. ;)

Great post! I love that Jesus is personal --for each of us. Knows us better than we know ourselves and loves us in spite of it all!

Mrs. Mac said...

Oh, you naughty wife with the comment to your dh :) Poor hubby! I have the same Jesus ... and I learned to share in kindergarten. Thank goodness Jesus can multitask, because I suck!

WondergirltheGreat said...

Jesus does the same for me!!! I Love JESUS!!!

WondergirltheGreat said...

Jesus does the same for me!!! I Love JESUS!!!