Thursday, November 06, 2008

When I Finally Talked To Him

"Have I betrayed you?"
What?
"Have I betrayed you? Is that why you are afraid? Because I have betrayed you?"
Well, no. I mean, I don't know. No. I don't think so. You wouldn't betray me so that must not be it.
"Are you sure I wouldn't betray you?"
I'm sure. I'm sure. Never.
"Never?"
No. Never.
"Then why are you afraid?"
Because I don't love you enough. I don't think of you constantly. I don't talk to you about important things. I don't pursue after you. I don't try to make myself pleasing to you. I deserve to be betrayed.
"Still, have I betrayed you?"
No.
"You deserve to be betrayed. Do I deserve to be called unfaithful?"
Silence.
"You have taken my name. You say you are mine. You say there is a beautiful passion between us. Do I deserve such an ugly accusation? Betrayer. Unfaithful."
Silence.
"Stop it. Sit down and be still. And stop it. You are not afraid of the dozen things on that list that keeps you up at night. Every one of those things represents my faithfulness. If I do not betray you, your list cannot harm you."
Okay.
"Now, have I betrayed you?"
No.
"So why do you believe I will?"
I don't believe it. But I forget to remember. You haven't betrayed me.
"There is no list of many fears. There is only one fear, that I will betray you."
You won't betray me.
"Are you sure?"
Yes.
"That's my girl. You know what?"
What?
"We have a beautiful passion."


Isaiah 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Written 10/13/08










4 comments:

Louise said...

Wow. And Amen.

Mrs. Mac said...

Nice convo with the man! How does your mind execute so beautifully?

KayMac said...

Wish I had read this at last night at 2 a.m. when I couldn't sleep.

Jada's Gigi said...

though we are unfaithful...yet He remains faithful...He cannot deny Himself
Amen