Sunday, November 18, 2012

Let not your heart be troubled, behold He comes...

I had some serious time with the Lord this morning, so thankful at his nearness to us.  The violence in Israel had my heart heavy and even fearful.  I was warring with feeling obligated to watch the news and being too overwhelmed to see what's happening.  So when I awakened I decided that I needed to get down to business with God.  Hence the You Tube video I included in this morning's post.  As I laid my burdened spirit at the throne, I was reminded that Israel cannot be defeated.  Say that with me out loud; ISRAEL CANNOT BE DEFEATED. Yes, the earth groans with the agony of birthing pains but the glory that is promised beyond the pain, my God, the glory!  The words of Jesus hold incredible truth and power today...

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.  John 14:1

Believing in Jesus means that we are sure of our future, that we are redeemed and free of the threats of this fallen world.  We are living in a temporary brokenness, we are not yet home.  Yes, we feel the pains of this world as she prepares to be delivered of the weight of sin by the coming of Christ.  Our tears are not that of hopelessness...

For his anger is but for a moment,and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night,but joy comes with the morning.  Psalm 30:5

Our spirits feel the fear of the nations of the earth, but we are not to be deceived.  The threats that press in against the armies of man can do nothing more than usher us finally into the presence of our Savior.

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.  1 Thessalonians 4:16 & 17

Don't be afraid.  In these dangerous times, we can rejoice even as we know we must work to gather in this final harvest.  We are protected within the arms of God and so, whom shall we fear?  We need only fear his displeasure should we fail to reach and reach and reach into the world plucking one person at a time from the battle for their souls.  The only weapon we need is love, the love of Jesus by which we are saved and when all the kingdoms of the world collapse; it is his love that will stand.   Praise him today, worship him with tears running down your face, lift your hands and raise your face toward the clouds.  Behold he comes, riding on a cloud; shining like the sun at the trumpet's call.
There is no God like Jehovah.

3 comments:

Mari said...

I've been feeling the same way. I had to work today and the other nurse I was working with is also a Christian. We were talking about this and reminded each other that God is still in control and we know who wins in the end. We need to stop being afraid, and be looking forward to His coming.

Diane said...

I must pray many times daily in order to remind myself that I am a child of the King of Heaven; I am an alien here, my true home awaits me. That rekindles my urgency to introduce people to the Lord Jesus. I can't save them, but I can point them to the One who both can and will if they invite Him in. Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

Mrs. Mac said...

Amen .. and thank goodness God gave us the B(asic)I(nstructions)B(efor)L(eaving)E(earth) to give us hope.