Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankful anyway!

How was your Thanksgiving?  If you ask me, even the crummiest Thanksgiving is generally pretty wonderful.  I spent the day in bed, the Mr. having shared his creeping crud with me.  Home sick today as well.  So I'm thankful for a Mr. that stepped in and hosted dinner for 11 people with me being basically useless.  I wasn't up to eating but everyone seemed to agree that the dinner was great.  Second thankfulness, that my mom and sister brought sides and appetizers!  So the Mr. supplied the turkey, stuffing, green beans and dinner rolls.  My mom brought appetizers and mashed potatoes as well as carrot cake and pie.  My sister contributed sweet potatoes, appetizers and more pie.  And I laid in bed and coughed.  I was frustrated for a bit but then decided to just enjoy the day as it was, giving in to my disappointment with being sick would've been what ruined the day. 
I don't have much more to say since I didn't eat or play games or watch football.  Also, I'm pretty worn out having sat up on the couch for thirty minutes this morning.  So I think I'll drag my sorry self back to bed.  Just wanted to give a shout-out to Dean for saving the day!
Photo taken on Friday, November 16. 
Note to self, stop kissing people who have cooties.

2 comments:

Debra said...

Aw, Sara.... I'm so sorry to hear you spent the past two days in bed, but I'm glad others were such a help and that you've got a great attitude about it all. Do feel better soon! Blessings, Debra

Diane said...

I am so sorry you were so sick; I have been praying and do hope you are feeling better. That Dean is just a gem! I know sitting back was difficult for you, but you seem to have made the best of it....as only you could! I'm thankful for you, sweet Sara, and for the love and joy you bring to all who are blessed to know you!