Wednesday, December 26, 2012

December 26

Mason!  Christmas Day
Waiting, waiting, planning, planning and then it's over!  We had a wonderful Christmas at my sister's yesterday and today it's back to work for me.  I'm a little ( a lot) jealous of  those who are off this week.  That's a bit of a whine more than a complaint.  Those of us without little ones were happy to give this week off to those with young children at home.  Wonderful people did that for me all of those years ago and now that it's my turn, I'm reminded of and thankful for that blessing.    And anyway, what a lovely Christmas Eve and Christmas Day still lingering in my memories!
And blowing snow today and in the morning, to which I say Hooray! 
Christmas highlights of 2012?  Mac's girlfriend Susan who has moved from Vermont to spend her first Christmas here in Michigan.  What a wonderful young lady, we are so blessed to have her in our lives.  She is, perhaps, the hardest working person I've ever met!  She laughs a lot and to hear the two of them laughing together is like music.  Most importantly, she loves Jesus.  Family who we haven't seen in a few years were able to join us for Christmas dinner, filling Amy's home with yet more joy.  And I have mentioned Mason?  Mason is my sister's grandson and just about the best thing ever! 
Well, like it or not it's time to get myself moving and face the day ahead.  I'm going to plan on a day basking in the afterglow of such a wonderful holiday.  Long after the tree is put away and life returns to normal, Jesus will remain at the center of this life and as Christmas joy fades into memory we will simply settle back into joy unspeakable, and full of glory.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Your family celebrations sound wonderful! And little Mason is a pure delight! I know this because I can see in his eyes and 'hear' it in the voices all I know who know him! Oh, and what a precious kind of joy when your children find someone who loves Jesus to spend time with. I can imagine little more exciting to a parent than knowing their child takes this "Jesus thing" seriously! Indeed, we return to joy unspeakable and full of glory! The half has never yet been told!