Thursday, December 05, 2013

Our house~

The sentimental, old-fashioned memory tree.

With a little bit of fun bling!

Mantle

Antique hutch

You'd be amazed at how much time I've wasted trying to figure out how to decorate this hutch!  I think I finally figured it out, old-fashioned items like this old garland on top.

Since I shared my parents' decorations, I thought I'd give you a little taste of the festivities at the Smith House!  I feel like I've struggled this year to get things right.  Why this would be, I've no idea!  I mean, shouldn't it just all be exactly like it's always been if it's always been right?  Apparently, this is a Christmas mystery.
Our family room is the place that I feel should look like a child's idea of Christmas.  Which is why I couldn't bear white lights on the tree!  Not sure if you can tell, but those are big old fashioned colorful lights.  I saw "snow" on a friends tree and copied her.  There are very few space filler ornaments on this tree, it's all sentimental.
Then there's the mantle, which just felt like a deep dark hole!  I think the snow strung with (yes) white lights fixed that problem.  The hutch never quite cooperated but this year, I think I've stumbled upon the solution.  So now, by George, I think I've got it!
Not all of it because naturally, the lighted garlands were beautifully lit on the floor and croaked out immediately when hung.  The Mr. is working on those this weekend.
Once I've wrapped the gifts and placed them under the tree and those garlands are again lit, I do believe I shall say all is well and Christmas can continue as planned...LOL.
I'll share some photos of the front room on another day.  Still have some final touches for that room which include sending the Mr. back into the attic for the nativity.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Finally!



No comments: