Sunday, December 01, 2013

Thanksgiving Day 2013
Mac, Susan and Jay working on stubborn tree lights.  

After lots of patience and work, the tree is lit and it's time to decorate (Susan & Jay pictured.)
Jay putting some finishing touches on the tree.

Grandpa/my dad supervising.

Brooke and Amy taking care of the fancy tree in the living room.

The Family Room tree is complete! 
A few Christmas touches on the mantle and it's time to relax and enjoy.

Will work for pizza!

After recovering from Thanksgiving, we headed back to my mom and dad's house on  Sunday to deck their halls!  The family gathered to haul the Christmas decorations up from the basement and in from the garage and spent a few wonderful hours giggling and chatting while we decorated the Trent Home together.  The Mr., Daboyz and their girlz, my Aunt Kathy and her daughter Brooke, my sister Amy and I descended upon my poor parents and took over.  We were rewarded with pizza from our favorite local pizza joint, Pizza King.  We've been eating Pizza King together as long as I can remember and it always makes me think of my Trent grandparents, which made the day all the sweeter.

So the holidays have officially arrived, our halls are decked and our hearts are full to overflowing with God's goodness.  What a great start to a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Your Dad and I keep looking at how beautiful every thing looks. we are beyond blessed.