Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Nobody Nose


Ezekiel 16:11-13
11 I adorned you with jewelry: I put bracelets on your arms and a necklace around your neck, 12 and I put a ring on your nose, earrings on your ears and a beautiful crown on your head. 13 So you were adorned with gold and silver; your clothes were of fine linen and costly fabric and embroidered cloth. Your food was fine flour, honey and olive oil. You became very beautiful and rose to be a queen.


Dear Lord,
As you have instructed me to do; I seek the answers to my deepest problems in your word. And so Lord, we need to talk about this.
I have the jewelry, bracelets and necklace. I have earrings and although I don't have a crown; I do have various fabulous hair accessories that I'm willing to take in trade.
Gold and silver? Well, gold and silver-colored. Does that count? My clothes are mostly fine cotton and I'm not really into embroidery being that I'm less than 120 years old. I do enjoy all variety of flour and honey type pastries and olive oil is definately the best.
I appreciate your opinion that I am beautiful and I choose to assume that others will soon realize that I am a queen.
But here's the issue Lord. I did not get the promised RING on my nose. There was a problem in translation and you gave me ZIT on my nose.
Lord, I try not to complain. But really. Zits and hot flashes happening to one person is a bit much, even if she is a queen.
I'm willing to forgo the ring, but couldya do something about this zit?
Sincerely,
Sara

8 comments:

Pat said...

Apply some body glitter around the zit and people with think your very fashion forward! Is that a wig your wearing?

Tonya said...

Apply some brown eye liner ontop of the zit (if it is not to big) and then people will think it is a freckle, or a beauty mark.

Margie said...

Good gravy, you crack me up!

tina fabulous said...

and God's people said "amen".

MSU gal said...

One zit. one zit. I got your one zit right here! you queens and your creamy white complexions make me sick :)

Deb said...

pop the zit and be done with it.

then when people ask you why you have that big red, oozy thing on your nose, you can tell them that you aren't sure, but it's possible that you were bitten by some exotic spider while you slept.

p.s. you can't be queen. I am the queen. there's only one queen.

Sara said...

dear deb, i did the always-a-bad-choice premature pop attempt and now have a angry red blobby thing on my nose that resembles something of a boil.

tina fabulous said...

would you like to borrow one of my nose rings? it can be an excellent distraction