Monday, May 26, 2008

The Yard

As a beautiful Memorial Day draws to a close, I'm glad we had nothing to do because we actually got a lot done! We bought a few flats of flowers and did a little planting. Pics posted here.
The only item potentially requiring explanation is the chicken bath. That's right, the chicken bath. A few days back I was inside when the Mr. hollered,
"Sar', come out here! There's a baby chick hopping around out here!"
Imagine my surprise that we had chickens running wild in our yard. The baby chick hopped right on through the fence never to be seen again. I suspect it was a sparrow but I'll leave that to your discretion. Anyway, as mentioned prior, my grampa's bird bath broke several years ago but the bowl remained intact at the side of the garage. I decided to fill it with water, put a sun dial in the middle and provide a bath for chickens who cannot fly up to a regulation bird bath. The secondary gain is that Donny can drink from it easily as he has taken to drinking from the bird bath by standing on his two hind feet. I know, I know. I'm trying to stop him.
Hope your day was beautiful too!

3 comments:

KayMac said...

baby chicks? awesome. And my goal is to get a hammock this year...that smells all warm and summery!

Jada's Gigi said...

chickens in Dearborn?? :) Loved the "Today" post..no better tribute to our troops and our way of life.

Amrita said...

You 've got such lovely posts lines up. Must take time to visit. My electricity is about to go off, so i must hurry