Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lazy

Here we are, Thursday evening. The evening designated to bathroom cleaning and linen changing. To straightening up the house while the Mr. is at practice.
Alas, I fear I am succumbing to laziness.
Here I sit, home from work for an hour and having eaten dinner with absolutely no desire to do the Thursday chores. In fact, worse yet, I have a shameful temptation to do NOTHING whatsoever except paint my toenails and lay in bed listening to the birds through the open window. Shocking!
I haven't had such a busy day. It was a good day actually, got all the to-dos done. I'm not really tired. I'm almost just ridiculously relaxed. And! And I am seriously considering doing absolutely no housework at all and telling myself, "Let somebody else do it!" I never tell myself that! I usually rather enjoy it. What's my deal tonight?
The Mr. is off on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Friday is chock full of doctor's appointments and errands with his parents. But this weekend I'm working and I am feeling very much like he can just take care of the place this week.
What to do, what to do?
What's that? Nothing? I should do nothing?
Well, I just can't do nothing. I'm going to paint my toenails.

No comments: