Monday, March 08, 2010

Bread Of Life~Wheat, French, Punkin & Heavenly


As promised last week, I remain low(er) tech around here. I've found a new pass time that I hope will become an ongoing source of satisfaction for me and that is made-from-scratch cooking. You might think it would be fairly simple to make the switch but it's turning out to be a fascinating learning experience for me. And good for me in more than one way.
As for my weight, I continue to play with the same five pounds up and down but this week I am noticing that hoped-for change of being physically satisfied and without cravings. I am surprised sometimes to find myself at bedtime not having thought about snacking. The next step for me is to maintain this accomplishment and move forward to portion control that will bring my weight into a healthier range. I'm no longer striving for a size or a number, just a body that is leaner and smaller and that feels healthy. Now I still feel the extra fat and that this weight is too much.
I'm happy to say that I am 99% headache free! I have always been a headachy person and most days I have needed at least one dose of Motrin. I have stress headaches, cluster headaches, sinus headaches, hormonal headaches, bad hair headaches and possibly headaches that predict earthquakes. It's been at least two weeks since I've experienced my usual headache pain. I did still experience the PMS headache but it was much shorter in duration and required just a few Motrin as opposed to the usual 48 hours and 800 mg every 4. Also my infamous insomnia? Greatly improved. No sleepless nights in a few weeks. AND! Finally, my energy level is better than it's been in years; maybe ever. I am staying awake easily until....9:00 p.m.! And by that I mean I'm going to bed to read at 9 and usually not turning off the lights until after 10! Last night in fact, the Mr. went to bed at 8 because he's been pretty sick all weekend. I however, stayed up until 11:00 and made pumpkin wheat bread while I visited with Jay and watched television. Waking up more rested too!
It has been about three weeks since I've indulged in my strongest weakness which is potato chips. We have them in the house but I'm not experiencing any cravings. This is nothing short of miraculous I tells ya. What I do notice is that my 1% remaining headaches are usually within a few hours of drinking pop or eating "junk."
So that's where I've been. Not all that interesting but important to me. The Mr. is laid off and I am off today (worked the weekend.) I have a loaf of French bread rising at the moment. I'm going to do a little housework and get myself together, bake my bread and maybe just hit a matinee or the library. Or both. That might not seem significant but for me, a day off after the weekend at work would be a day of recovery with no thoughts of leaving the house. The warm sunshine (well it is warm even if we can't yet feel it!), the bright Spring-promising days and a content heart are keeping me busy. Not to mention the experimental Smith kitchen!
Love you guys & see you here & there!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling so good, praise God! He had intentions of what we would put into our bodies for fuel and health and it didn't come in packages with 20 ingredients listed. People often underestimate the impact (good or bad) of what we put into our bodies. Happy soon-to-be Spring!

Jada's Gigi said...

sounds like you and I are both working hard to live happier healthier lives. Enjoy!

Margie said...

Glad you're feeling better! I sleep/feel better when I eat better! I'd love those recipes!

Mrs. Mac said...

There's the key ... eliminating the junk food eases the headache woes ... as well as the hives woes ... we should compare our woes one of these days ...;)