Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Fully Empty Day


Yesterday the Mr. and I both took a secret day off and stayed home in our jammies all day. This morning I feel 200% better than I did on Sunday. Rested, refreshed and looking forward to what the new day brings.
If we push and push using up all of our awakeness with things...fun or work; eventually we'll lose the joy in all of it. And yes, there should be joy in work too!
Listen to your heart when you feel like saying, "Stop the world, I wanna get off!"
On Monday we actually had to take ourselves off the radar. We shut the computer off early, turned off the cell phones and stayed home home home. Yes, there were things we could've done that would've been productive. But we didn't. Guilt-free and shameless we laid around reading and watching DVDs.
My advice to you is that if you cannot remember the last day where all you accomplished with soul refreshing, you're over due.
Don't be one of the majority who have lost the talent for quietness.

2 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

I SO need a day like that..only mine would be spent in the sun...not gonna happen soon, me thinks...

KayMac said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!