Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Little House In The Suburbs


Yes, I'm still out here! I'm definitely on a blog reduction right now. Actually you could call it a low-tech streak altogether. I'm working longer hours just by virtue of no longer working hourly but salary and the Mr.'s schedule has changed to 4 ten hour days a week which means we're both getting home at 6 p.m. or so. We used to both get home around 4. Add to this the winter weather which doesn't make me blue but does make me want to hunker in with a blanket in front of the fire reading, watching old DVDs or dozing. And finally our new dietary lifestyle which means eating home a lot more and making meals that are a bit more time-consuming (all from scratch.) So there you have where I've been!
Every one in a while I seem to go through a computer-free phase. I use a computer quite a lot at work so when I come home, I'm less than enthralled with it. Lately I'm enjoying more of a Little House On The Prairie existence here in the suburbs. Even the books I'm reading are all gentle and sweet, none of the usual crime & mystery I usually enjoy. When I have those pockets of down time I'm experimenting with making homemade snacks (like oatmeal honey cookies.) I'm planning on making bread this week. It's not that I'm busy, I'm just otherwise occupied.
Does it ever feel like just a little too much tech in your life?
I'm still here but if you notice a lack of current posts you can presume I'm just contentedly nesting, enjoying the occasional sunshine and tracking the earlier and earlier morning sunrises as Spring approaches. I may suddenly snap back to daily posts or maybe not. But I will be sure to let you know how that bread turns out!

2 comments:

KayMac said...

Have you read the Mark of the Lion series? My daughter got it for me for Christmas. Let me know if you want to read them. Love the new look of your blog.

Debra said...

"Does it ever feel like just a little too much tech in your life?"

Uh, often. Very, very often. Seems I'm always pulling myself back into my own Little House On The Prairie world because that's where I'm happiest-and healthiest, too. Blessings, Debra