Monday, February 21, 2011

Butterfly-free blizzard

Just getting ready to head out the door on this snowy morning in the Mitten. Got a call from the hospital at a little after 5 a.m. that the majority of the staff had called in and we needed to get in as quickly as possible so off I go.
Not all that long ago this would have set off butterflies in my stomach and aggravation in my heart as well as a tension headache. Not anymore. I've learned that of all those butterflied days, never once did I not survive. So too, this day will work its self out with God at the helm. As always. Only we foolishly don't think we need him so much on some days as on others. ;)
Off I go to explore the day that the Lord has made. The first adventure of which will be the drive in...first blessing of the day a truck parked inside a garage that doesn't need cleaning and a drive through the snow in a four wheel drive.

Image:http://lh4.ggpht.com/_3m47qvqwkAc/SrIktF1VZoI/AAAAAAAAX_o/ZYHhelzFPDo/il_430xN_89282575_thumb1.jpg?imgmax=800

2 comments:

donna said...

Blessings on your day!

Margie said...

so true... but i was able to stay home... so I did :)