Monday, September 12, 2011

At home~



Oh what a beautiful morning! Cool & crisp, a specialty in the Mitten. Sunshiney. And the cherry on top-I am off today. I do hereby declare this "rest my mind day!"
I have housework to do today and then I am going to make oatmeal scotchies for a friend's birthday. I'm very likely to end up at some point laying on my hammock with a book.
I find myself today filled with thankfulness for my quiet little house. I realize that not everyone has a refuge, not everyone even realizes they need one. So many people are continually frazzled and art of homemaking has almost become extinct. People have become so over-scheduled that the care and nurturing of the rooms we live in has become another chore on the list instead of the pleasure it should be.
I'm thankful to have been descended from women who loved home and family. I'm blessed that I was taught by example to build a place for soul renewal. I believe with all of my heart that this is also part of what holds our family together, we all gravitate here because it's the best place we know.
So off I go with a silly smile to change my sheets, do my laundry and dust the furniture.
What a great day is in store!

1 comment:

Mrs. Mac said...

Enjoy your stay at home day!