Monday, September 19, 2011

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head~



Ahhh, the long awaited day off! Of course, lately the day off is just a work-at-home day to catch up and prepare for the week ahead. No, I'm not complaining. On the to do list: cookies for a friend's son's birthday (M & M mini cookies in the oven.) A pan of lasagna by request of the men folk will be made shortly for dinner tonight. A pot of Italian chicken soup ala the Pioneer Woman also to be made for tomorrow's dinner with a big loaf of crusty bread and shaved Parmesan cheese. Changing the bed linens, dusting, laundry, etc.
It's cloudy and rainy in the Mitten this morning. No complaints about that either. I'm still in my jammies and taking the day slowly. Whatever doesn't get done won't get done. I need to make a grocery store run later but even that can wait if I don't want to venture out.
Due to work demands, I've had to pull out of the Scarf Sisters reunion. That caused a tear fest when I found out and another one when I e mailed my mom and a third one when she e mailed me back. You'd think I'd be dehydrated! I'm not all that much of a cryer usually.
Anyway!
I ordered my L L Bean clogs and picked up two cute new sweaters, so it's not all gloom, despair and agony on me. I've commissioned Kelly to be our 25th anniversary photographer. I'm considering a shorter hair cut. And my cookies smell really good!
Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

Becky said...

ooh, gonna make me some of that pioneer woman food! yummy!