Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Can you see me now?

Well hello!
Hope all of you are having a loverly week!  Mine has been busy but productive and good (so far!) I was due for new glasses so on Monday morning I took care of that chore and treated myself to all of the optical bells & whistles I usually don't get.  I chose frames that I loved instead of the ones "free" with insurance, I got the lightweight space age polymer lenses.  Well, I don't know if they are space age polymer but they are the light weight scratch resistant non reflective ones.  AND our optical insurance has improved, can you believe it?  Transitions lenses are now a part of our coverage.  That might not mean much to you but for those of us who wear glasses to drive, it means I will not have to squint & get a headache driving to the Kroger. AND I got my contacts which were partially covered.  We've never had insurance benefits for contacts.  I dropped a bit of money but I'm so excited to have glasses that are nice enough to wear on days I don't want to wear my contacts without looking like Mr. Magoo! I was surprised not to need readers.  I keep thinking it will surely be this year but it seems not quite yet.  The doctor says I might need them if I'm tired or reading very fine print.  I keep putting on the Mr.'s +1.00s but they don't really change anything. 
And here's a newsflash, my vision is terrible.  The doctor actually informed me of this vital information.  Apparently he presumed that I had never noticed that I'm blind as a bat.  Yes, you heard it here first...I can't even read the giant E!  I mean, I knew it was surely a giant E but had someone been tricky and changed it to an M, I'd have been given a seeing eye dog on my way out. Believe it or not, that doesn't get me too upset.  Of course, good vision would be wonderful and someday in heaven I'm gonna look through perfect eyes.  For now, I am actually just filled with gratitude that glasses and contacts correct it to slightly better than 20/20 and I'm able to get what I need to see properly. Blessed, blessed, blessed!
Tomorrow I have an appointment with the nurse practitioner who manages my anti-depressants for my yearly review and to talk about my insomnia.  By this time next week, I'll be well-rested and stylin' in my transition lenses :)

No comments: