Friday, July 27, 2012

Whatsoever Wednesday

Today is the day I've decided to share some whatsoever thing (Philippians 4:8) that restores balance and goodness into my mind and spirit.  Drumroll please....

McDonald's iced tea!

I know, silly, right?

But there it is.  Always $1, sweetened or not.  Since getting an ulcer, one of the few things that always feels good on my belly is cold fluids.  I like the sweet tea but I also like unsweetened so I kind of choose based on my mood.  I usually lean toward unsweetened, for obvious health reasons.  I don't use artificial sweeteners so my iced tea has to taste fresh and crisp and Micky D always comes through.  No need to mask the tea with sweeteners.  I can't have lemon or citrus for now but that's ok, the tea is still good.

When I'm feeling fancy, I also love Starbuck's shaken iced Passionfruit tea.  Yummmmmm!  Of course, it's a bit more than a dollar ;)  Mac and I shared a big ol' Starbuck's tea a few days ago...we must have been having a fancy day.

Sooooooo, whatsoever is your thing toay?

2 comments:

Deb said...

I'm right there with you with MickeyD's sweet tea. My favorite beverage of choice!

Whatsover for me today...would have to be the sunlight pouring into our skylights...a welcome sight after the morning storm. As much as I like dark, cozy corners, I love the bright, natural light that fills our home on a sunny day!

Mrs. Mac said...

Well .. I wouldn't know if our MickeyD's has sweet tea .. as I don't frequent the place enough to know what's new. I'm glad that it calms your belly, though.

My whatsoever thing today (Friday) is just being completely immersed in homemaker's bliss. Especially the laundry hauled from the basement to the backyard clothesline. I'm getting quite a wonderful workout!