Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I'm dreaming of a greeeen Springtime!!!

This mid March snow has the Mr. and me dreaming of vacation and planning ahead just to keep our sanity.  For a girl who loves snow, even I am ready for some sunshine and warm temperatures. 

Every year we go Up North to my mom and dad's cottage for a week and this year, we are going to be bringing along Mac's girl Susan.  

Susan & Mac...how cute are they?



























It will be her first time at the cottage & we know she's going to love it like we do.  This is a kid after my own heart, doesn't need constant entertaining (good thing in this family) and is always happy to join me in the kitchen.  I'm going to introduce her to the fine art of lumberjack breakfast making and Northern Michigan beach picnics!


The Mr. cooking, 2011
This year we are starting off in Traverse City where we will stay at Sugar Beach Resort on the Bay.  The Mr. has already made reservations since it'll be Cherry Festival Time as well.  I'm ready to go right now!  This will be my first vacation since my surgery and it may not seem all that exciting but I can actually wear a bathing suit and dress comfortably now.  In fact, I've already tried my suit on and, true story, just about cried!  I'm no Victoria Secret model, still a chunky middle aged chick with cottage cheese thighs and a belly roll but I don't care.  I'm happy.  I will be sitting on the beach with my toes in the water and loving every minute.
Traverse City, Sugar Beach Resort


So, my dear Mitten, snow and blow your way through March and we will wait (im)patiently for the sunny days we know are coming.  In the meantime, day dreams of flowers and herb gardens and vacation planning will keep us occupied.

No comments: