Thursday, January 12, 2006

It's All Good, Very Good

Who is this King of Glory that pursues me with his love?
Have you ever experienced those moments in your life when you can just feel your place in creation? Where you can say, like God did on those first days, it is good?
Yesterday daboyz and I went out to dinner and got to chatting about our church's new study, "Old School". We're spending a year going through the Old Testament and following the series with our lifegroup which started last night. So we were talking in the restaurant about God and creation and how unimaginable He is and how cool it is to catch those glimpses of GOD, creator of all things. Next thing you know, Mac is doing this one-man show of the Holy Spirit hovering over the face of the deep, and the Father and Son creating time ("Go spend about 15 minutes building some mountains, Son." "Minutes?, What are minutes?") Maybe you had to be there but it was hilarious. It was good.
We went to our first gathering of our new lifegroup at the home of James and Tonya. God forever amazes me by introducing me to friends I never knew existed. We chatted and introduced ourselves and loaded up on donuts and coffee and then settled in to the Word, Genesis chapters one and two...Creation. Seems like the day one He created; day two He created story would be old news but suddenly we were all like little kids discovering this Creator of all things for the first time. We read every verse and stopped to examine the ones that caught our attention. It was good.
Little ones played on the floor and adults became like little children earnestly seeking Him without pretense. It was easy. Not easy in the sense that the text was easy but easy in the sense of sweet and loving and knowing that you're right where you need to be with the people you need to be with. Easy in the sense of being in the flow of God's generosity. It was good.
This morning I dropped daboyz at school and driving back home the sun was peeking up pushing away the Michigan winter clouds. I turned up the radio and Third Day came on, Who is this King of Glory? I cranked it up and felt Glory for a moment in this mortal body. Who is this King of Glory who teaches me creation through my children; who gathers me with His people and knits us at the heart to chase Him; who reveals His words to unworthy minds; who splashes me with the sunrise? Who reminds me that He is the center of it all with a song on the radio? To quote Him, it is very good.
Who is this King of Glory that pursues me with his love; and haunts me with each hearing of His softly spoken words?
My conscience, a reminder of forgiveness that I need. Who is this King of Glory who offers it to me?
Who is this King of angels, O blessed Prince of Peace. Revealing things of Heaven and all its mysteries.
My spirit's ever longing for His grace in which to stand. Who's this King of glory, Son of God and son of man?
His name is Jesus, precious Jesus
The Lord Almighty; the King of my heart, the King of glory.
Who is this King of Glory, with strength and majesty? And wisdom beyond measure, the gracious King of kings. The Lord of earth and heaven, the creator of all things. Who is this King of Glory, He's everything to me.
The Lord of earth and heaven, the Creator of all things;
He is the King of glory,
He's everything to me.
(Third Day)

No comments: