Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Worship


My Lord and my God; I exalt you. My words fail as my heart reaches out for you. I don’t understand why you bother to listen to my voice. I am broken and poor. I stand before you knowing I must disappoint you. I have wasted opportunities and spent too many days in unholy places. But I know you love me, even though I don’t know why.
I have nothing to bring to you but worship. I have lifted my hands to you for my entire life and only now have I realized the significance of this act. I am lifting empty hands to you. I am giving you my hands; if you would choose to use them.
There is so much more to you than I know. I think there is more to me than I realize. There are hidden parts of me that I don’t even understand that I hide from you. But you see it all God. And you accept my worship.
I love you. I am so sorry that I fail you. I used to try to be perfect thinking that was how I would get to heaven. I don’t think I can be perfect so God I will be the only thing I can be; surrendered.
I adore you. I worship you. You are my life. Anything good in me is from You.
I don’t want to ask for anything, I just want to tell you that I give you my heart today.
I love you, my God, my Strong Tower, My Deliverer. My King.

Psalm 29:2
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.

7 comments:

Pat said...

amen and amen.

tina fabulous said...

i'll see your amens and raise you a hallelujah.

Deb said...

I have come back to this post four times today ---just to read it again and feel God's presence. This is awesome --there aren't enough "amens" in the world...

Margie said...

amen, what a great posts, how may I ask, did you know the words of my heart?

Tonya said...

Amen Sara, This is an awesome post.. I love reading your writing.. Thank you for the reminder.

Jada's Gigi said...

these lyrics come to mind...
"When He see me, He sees HIS righteousness...He sees His Holy Spirit filling up the emptiness...and when He looks at me He sees the blood He shed...I'm glad He sees Himself each time He looks at me." AMEN!

KayMac said...

breathing in His holy presence