Thursday, April 03, 2008

Nighty Night

I am worn out for no good reason today. I've spent the last two days in a leadership class at the D. Well, I guess that does explain why I'm so tired! Back to the office tomorrow and then the weekend off.
I also know that my body has a cycle (yes, THAT cycle) and this is the time when I'm really tired and usually develop a monstrous headache...yup; there it is. There was a time that I would be so frustrated with this headachy tiredness but I've come to embrace it as just part of what I am and stop fighting against things that are the result of this frustratingly human body I occupy. Nowawdays, I just take these predicatable days in stride. I put on my jammies and go to bed early. On the bright side, being a lifelong insomniac, the deep sleep I get for these nights is a treat! Actually, I haven't had insominia for a few months but I still appreciate a good night's sleep.
The Mr. is off to pratice tonight so it's a good evening to hunker down with a blanky and drift away in front of the television before I climb into bed officially. I went out to dinner with some friends and then to Old Navy to bum around and buy flip flops...2/$5! Now I'm in for the night and about to wash my face and brush my teeth for the much anticipated sofa nap until bed time.
I love the getting-to-know-yourself that comes with age. I used to say, "I'm so exhausted I don't know what to do!" Well, at forty one I've figured out what to do. I'm gonna go to sleep.
With age comes wisdom they say.
Good night, sweet dreams.

6 comments:

Deb said...

8:16 pm and I'm headed off to bed.

47 and counting...(I'm more tired than you - I earned it!....but less tired than your mom --refer to her blog!)

gotta get up at 4:30am to be at work by 6:00...

Trish said...

I love alone time in the evenings.
Sweet Dreams!
p.s. Calcium works wonders for the p.m.s. that comes every month!

Louise said...

I too love alone time .. evenings, mornings, mid-day, whenever. And thank goodness we learn to listen to our bodies and REST.

Amrita said...

Take care and rest but not before taking an award I have for you on my blog.

Amrita said...

Take care and rest but not before taking an award I have for you on my blog.

Jada's Gigi said...

Yep, you do get smarter as you get older, I think. :) I love naps on the sofa!