Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Warning, Boring Blog Ahead.


Hello! Well, this is going to be a boring no picture blog because figuring out how to post a pic with my mom's laptop is just beyond any measure of motivation I can muster. Yes, I am still without my computer here at the new crib. We are officially having internet installed this morning but now the Mr. and Mac are debating over how to solve the shared computer quandry. Our p.c. is at the other house and Mac uses it for homework. Last night the Mr. and Mac ventured out to purchase a lap top so there would be access at both houses but somehow that disolved into some plan to wipe our desktop and sell it to Mac or Mac will buy the lap top and we'll take the desk top and the long and short of it is, I am still using my mom's lap top. Having used this fancy schmancy laptop, I really do prefer a desk top and don't feel I need a laptop. I don't want to take it on vacation and I work in an office with a computer so I just want my old dependable desk top back. Well, that was all very interesting and worth waiting for, huh?
In other news my "new" job continues to be a joy. Yes, it is challenging and I have moments when I sit at my desk and wonder what in the world I got myself in to, but it is the right place for me and everyday I am happy to drive to work.
Yesterday I was off and went to the old hospital to visit my former co-workers and friends. It was a nice few hours I have to say. Everyone was so warm and sweet and it reminded me how very blessed I am. And it was as busy and stressful as ever so I was really happy to stand there and observe without having to do any work! I spent a little time with my sister and her medical floor was equally ridiculous. I am truly grateful for my office with a bathroom! I also stood there and was reminded again how wonderful it is to be in this profession that provides me so many options.
We spent some time yesterday doing more moving and organizing around here. My mom will be having an estate sale in a few months so Mac and I took a few hours to divide up the garage sale items from the other stuff and lend some kind of order to everything around here. Tiring but satisfying work that ended up with Mac conking out in the spare bed and spending the night here.
So hopefully the internet freeze will come to and end soon, although I still don't have an actual computer of my own in the house in which I live! Oy-vey, as my gramma would say.
Hope all is well with all of you. I'm off to check in with everybody and then get this day started.
Love you guys!
Update: I have stopped by the old homestead and uploaded a picture. Enjoy!

10 comments:

Mike Edwards said...

The most disturbing thing about all of this is that buying a MAC (as opposed to the one you raised) was never an issue! This PC garbage needs to GO.

Pat said...

Can I have my laptop back now?

Sara said...

negatory.

Sara said...

negatory.

Trish said...

I always have boring no pictire blogs... I need to learn to upload or download or whatever!

Trish said...

and I need to proofread so that i
don't look like I can'se spell!!!

Pat said...

Trish~
I'll be glad to come over and show you how to download, upload or sideload pictures. Just let me know when...and make sure Kell's new pet isn't there either-I'm so not into rodents!

Trish said...

Pat... that sounds great!
Don't worry that rodent's not welcome here!!!!!
I don't even like looking at the pictures, their tails I find just gross!

Amrita said...

Not boring Sara.

Enjoy you trendy laptop.

Kell said...

My rat thinks you're gross too. (Kidding!)