Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Early morning rambling



Happy early morning from a balmy Mitten! I love snow but I can honestly say, I am not too sad that my early mornings and after work times aren't spent cleaning off my car, warming it up and trudging through snow & ice.
The Mr. has worked has last afternoon shift and we are all happy to have him home in the evenings, even the kid who doesn't live here anymore! Now he'll have to straighten his internal clock back out again. Yesterday morning he slept until noon after getting home at 5 a.m., fell asleep from 7-9 p.m. and then got up to wait for Mac to get home from work.
I am back on the insomnia train, sorry to report. I tossed and turned until 11 p.m. and then was wide awake at 2:30 this morning. Finally I got out of bed at 4:30. I have early meetings today and tomorrow, tonight I may have to take a few Benadryl and hit the sack extra early or it's going to catch up with me. On the bright side, lots of folks were prayed for while I was laying in bed!
What else shall I share with you? The Mr. bought me a Ninja blender and last night he made smoothies with it. So far (having not actually used it myself and in general having only used it once), I like it! Online reviews indicate it's a workhorse. We drink lots of smoothies and have gone through three cheaper blenders in about a year, burning out the motor with frozen fruit. The Ninja seems to be tough enough to handle it. I'm someone who puts good use to my counter top appliances like my mixer, food processor and blender so buying the less expensive items sometimes results in more long-term investment replacing them. The Mr. got me a Bundt coffee maker a few years back and I love love love it. Well, this has all been fascinating hasn't it?
Let's talk about my fattitude! I have terrrrrrible eating habits which are certainly contributing to my inability to lose this weight. Plus, don't tell anyone, but I may be getting older. Perimenopause anyone? My job is higher stress and less structure than the old days of being a floor nurse and in general, I don't take a lunch at all. This means, if there's junk around (and there usually is), that's what I grab on the run. If not, I literally don't eat all day and then when I get home at 6 in the evening I eat too much of all the wrong stuff. The last few weeks, I've added Slimfast shakes to my grocery list. I know, they are not the most healthful choice. However, realistically, stopping for a Slimfast in the morning and mid day is healthier than my former habit of plowing through the day without eating anything. I've been taking fresh fruit along as well. I don't know what impact this will have on my big ol' backside but I am definitely feeling better at work, less exhausted at the end of the day and less easily frustrated as my blood glucose is surely all over the map from my bad habits. Maybe with my new Ninja I will progress to making more healthy and wholesome smoothies to take to work. For the moment, I'm grateful for an easy "fix."
It's 5:16 so I think I'll have another cup of coffee and start getting ready for work. Now that you have all of the latest information regarding our sleeping habits, counter top appliances and diets you should feel well equipped to face the day :)

3 comments:

Trish said...

I have been looking at this Ninja Blender for a while...haven't bought one yet. How would you rate it?
Says you can make dough with it...if so, I want it!

Trish said...

I have been looking at this Ninja Blender for a while...haven't bought one yet. How would you rate it?
Says you can make dough with it...if so, I want it!

Jada's Gigi said...

sounds like a Sara kind of day/blog post....haha!