Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Great Expectations

I think I’m pregnant (sit down Mom). No, I know I’m pregnant. I’m pregnant! I’m expecting! I didn’t think it would happen to me at this point in my life. Thought I was “past” that time, that possibility. I thought it was for someone younger than me. But no! I’m pregnant! And I couldn’t be happier!
I’m going to give birth to......something. I don’t know for sure what yet, no one can tell. It’s probably too early. I have a few suspicions about what I’m carrying inside of me.
Probably a teaching ministry or a book; maybe both. Huh? Oh, you thought I was literally pregnant? Ha! Oh, excuse me. No, I’m sorry if I misled you. I’m not going to be having another child in the same year my oldest graduates high school. If that were what I was talking about, I wouldn’t be writing to you because I’d be too busy defibrillating the Mr.
No, I’m pregnant with spiritual potential. With life breathed into me from God. I’m pregnant with ideas and passion and excitement and joy. I’m in a committed relationship with Christ and He’s sharing His Word and His love with me and I’m so full I need to share it. I need more of this lover of my soul. I can’t get enough. I can’t stop talking about Him. I want to call someone every time I open my Bible and tell them what I just learned. I don’t think I am meant to live life in the status quo anymore. I’m pregnant.
I’m going to give birth to something. I’m going to learn more and worship more and teach more. I’m going to lay my life into the hands of my Creator and see what He can make of me. I’m not going to sit and wonder if I’m destined for something. I’m going to live a life worthy of Him. I’m going to give birth to hope where despair sits. I’m going to bring joy where sadness dwells. I’m going to bring knowledge into ignorant corners. I’m going to live and breathe and sing and praise and teach and share.
I’m pregnant. You can still throw me a shower if you want and give me gifts. I like Sketchers, candles and coffee.
Better yet, you can get pregnant with me. We can both carry around a bundle of joy that makes our faces glow. No swollen ankles or morning sickness required.
So if you’re wondering why I’m smiling, it’s because I’m pregnant. Don’t be shocked. The Mr. is pregnant too. Come on, get pregnant with us!

Genesis 21
1 Now the LORD was gracious to Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did for Sarah what he had promised.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Goodness, how did I miss this blog?!
Can't wait till you deliver, and deliver and deliver!