Friday, March 10, 2006

Ain't No Sunshine When I'm Gone

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone. It's not warm when she's away
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
She's gone much too long, Any time she goes away

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone. Wonder if she's gone to stay
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And this house just ain't no home, Anytime she goes away

So Tuesday morning I got up and was hanging out with daboyz before school. For reasons I don't really understand, they like it when I'm off work despite the fact that we're only together for about an hour before they head to school.
Mac and I are in the living room and he tells me how much better it is when I'm there in the mornings. That's weird, says I.
He proceeds to tell me that the house is just brighter when I'm there before school. How it actually feels sunnier and happier for him. Just to have me there, his old mom.
Ahh, warms the cockles of my heart. I wonder sometimes, do my children know how much I love them. Do they realize how hard I try to be a Godly woman, inspiring them toward holiness. Do they notice my gentle hand lovingly leading them into bright and promising futures?
Yes they do. Because my dear sweet son actually feels that the house is brighter when I'm there with him. I am a light in his life. I light up his life. I am the sunshine of his life. Ain't no sunshine when I'm gone.
How my heart swelled! How my spirit sang! How the heavens rejoiced! Yes! All my love and intercession into his life does make a difference! Hallelujah and praise be to Jesus! I could not have done it without my Savior!
Wednesday morning I had to go to work. Poor boys. They would awaken to a house void of their mother. Be a comfort to them Jesus.
So I'm going about my daily morning thing and as I'm about to walk out the door I flip off the living room lights (I leave at 6 a.m.) And then it hits me.
When I'm home in the mornings I open the living room curtains before the boys wake up. When I work I leave the curtains drawn.
That's why the house seems brighter. It is brighter. It's called sunlight, Stupid.
It's not me shining an iridescent glow of motherly wisdom and love. It's the daggone curtains being opened.
I'll have a cup of coffee and a slice of humble pie please.

Isaiah 23:9
The LORD Almighty planned it, to bring low the pride of all glory and to humble all who are renowned on the earth.

3 comments:

tina fabulous said...

LOL

maybe you arent the actual light, but youre still the leader to and bringer thereof. sort of like a sherpa.
and jazz is your sweater-wearing mule.

Pat said...

Tina Fabulous....
You crack me up!!
You're not bad either, Sara.

tina fabulous said...

i stole my entire personality from sara. i'm basically a fraud.
i'm sorry you had to find out this way.

as a sincere apology, i offer you a coupon for 50 cents off any variety Hot Pockets, valid in 49 states (sorry Vermont!).