Monday, March 06, 2006

What if?

What if I never made a mistake?
What if all the pain had been pleasure?
What if I never exercised poor judgement?
What if a friend never hurt me?
What if no one ever let me down?
What if I never let myself down?
What if I was never angry, jealous, critical, petty or foolish?
What if I stopped eating when I was “full”?
What if I liked my body, face, hair, hands...?
What if I was never short of money?
What if I was consumed by spiritual matters?
What if I was never selfish?
What if I never doubted?
What if everyone understood me?
What if I felt loved all the time?
What if I did everything I always thought I’d do?
What if I kept a cleaner house?
What if I exercised daily?
What if I kept up with my scripture devotions?
What if I organized my closets?
What if I prayed more?
What if I was smarter?
What if I went back to school?
What if I was more ambitious?
What if I had more opportunities?
What if I was a better mom?
What if I was a better wife?
What if I was a better daughter & sister?
What if I gave more money to the church?
What if I helped the needy more?
What if I wasn't perfect?

1 Corinthians 1:25-27 (New International Version)
25For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.
26Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

No comments: