Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Let's Pray

Good morning,
The boys were already on the computer this morning when I woke up, so I'm running behind. I start every morning with prayer so I thought maybe you'd like to join me?

Dear Heavenly Father,
I thank you for this day. I thank you for the health and safety of my family and I ask you to be with them and to set a hedge around them through the rest of today. I ask you to be with me, to guard my lips and my mind. Give me wisdom to direct my actions and peace in you.
Lord, I pray for those who are sick and hurting today. You are the Healer and so I bring those to you in need of healing of mind and body.
You are the Provider and so I ask for Your provision. There is nothing I can grasp after that will sustain my life better than You. Help me to receive with wisdom and gratitude your provision over my life; and make me a good steward of that provision.
For the leaders of homes, churches and governments I pray Your wisdom and insight. Touch President Bush this morning and give him strength for the task ahead of him today. Touch Pastors Jeremy, Mike and Adam as well as pastors around the world as they face another day to care for your children. Touch my husband and other men who are going to work to provide for their families even as they work through the daily burden of leading those families before You. Those single moms raising kids alone need Your hand as well. Be an encouragment to those who carry the mantle of leadership in any capacity. Give them an extra measure of wisdom, courage and strength to do well in Your eyes.
Be with the troops fighting today. Grand them safety and peace. Lord, especially those who are in the military who already know You; give them opportunity to share the truth they carry in their hearts. Comfort them, be their constant companion in lonely and frightening places.
Finally Father, take my day into Your hands. Use my time and my life to Your glory. Give me peace about things that weigh heavily on me. Give me wisdom to make right decisions. Give me discipline to walk in that wisdom. Give me more love and patience. Keep me in your care. I am Yours.
In Jesus name, thank you.
Amen.

And all God's people say...

3 comments:

Pat said...

AMEN!

tina fabulous said...

amen & an enthusiastic hanky wave

Kell said...

Amen