Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Best Laid Plans...

So this time yesterday I was at work thinking, just eight more hours and two days off! I had big plans for my Tuesday and Wednesday. Graduation party plans. House cleaning plans. Reading, shopping, self-maintenance plans. It was gonna be a good two days.
I glanced at my schedule on the fridge and OH NO!; I'm only off on Tuesday! That changes everything. So I made new plans, streamlined plans. Prioritized plans.
At 12:30 this morning my son Mac woke me up. "I just puked". Oh crud. Much puking ensued.
Jay has had a headache and sore throat for two days.
So this morning 2 sick kids + 1 less day off = all my plans kaput.
Looks like a day of toast and hot tea and cleaning up around two teenagers with creeping crud.
Oh well!
In the larger picture, I think I'll survive the change of plans. I'm going to blindly assume that God has some purpose for this and just motor on through my one day off. I was going to have a lovely two days that would certainly have reflected the goodness of God. Now to find Him in this mess! He's here I'm quite sure. There was a time this would've really irritated me but today, it's all good.
So have a great day and think of me as you go about your business. And pray for daboyz.
And just flow with whatever plans you make that He changes. Honestly, what choice do you have anyway?

Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

2 comments:

Margie said...

It's like cleaning up a flooded basement on Mother's day...

Praise God in all we do, or don't do!

Kell said...

Apparently the puking thing is going around. Thankfully we've all recovered and so will daboyz. Sending lots of love and prayers your way.