Friday, May 26, 2006

Skeerd


Are you ever afraid?
Sometimes I am.
I'm afraid I'm not doing things right. Not good enough, smart enough, strong enough, wise enough.
I'm afraid someone else could do the task better so I should just get out of the way.
I'm afraid I'll be embarrassed.
I'm afraid I'll let you down. I'm afraid you'll realize I'm not all I'm cracked up to be.
I'm afraid of rejection.
I'm afraid to try.
So let me just clarify this once and for all.
I don't do everything right, I'm not very good, smart, strong or wise.
I am embarrassed to admit this.
I will let you down if you hang around long enough. You'll also realize I'm not all I'm cracked up to be.
You or someone else will reject me if past is prologue.
I'm going to try.
I'm going to do it scared.

Psalm 56:3
When I am afraid, I will trust in you.

1 comment:

Margie said...

Please get out of my head... :)