Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I Couldn't Have Said It Better...

Maureen Hawkins:
Before you were conceived I wanted you
Before you were born I loved you
Before you were here an hour I would die for you
This is the miracle of life.

You couldn't fool your mother on the foolingest day of your life if you had an electrified fooling machine.
~ Homer Simpson

My mother said to me, 'If you become a soldier, you'll be a general; if you become a monk, you'll end up as the pope.' Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.
~ Pablo Picasso

"There is so much to teach, and the time goes so fast."
~Erma Bombeck

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people,
promptly announces she never did care for pie.
~Tenneva Jordan

A mother understands what a child does not say.
~Jewish Proverb

When a woman is twenty, a child deforms her; when she is thirty, he preserves her; and when forty, he makes her young again.
~Leon Blum

Charlotte Gray~
Becoming a mother makes you the mother of all children. From now on each wounded, abandoned, frightened child is yours. You live in the suffering mothers of every race and creed and weep with them. You long to comfort all who are desolate.

George Eliot~
A mother's yearning feels the presence of the cherished child even in the degraded man.


Elizabeth Stone~
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.

Mothers are all slightly insane
~ J. D. Salinger

A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary
~ Dorothy Canfield Fisher

“I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them.”
~ Phyllis Diller


And my personal favorite..

Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis~
If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I love it, what great comments!!