Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Visions of Biscotti Danced In Our Heads


Every year the Mr, the Metroband and a few others show up at the hospital to sing Christmas carols with the patients on the psychiatric unit and the Alzheimer's unit.
That is not what this post is about.
Sunday afternoon the Mr. sat down with his bass and his sheet music to practice for the upcoming carolling.
That is not what this post is about.
So Dean makes himself a cup of hot tea, gets out his bass and settles on to the floor. I gave him one of my Stella Dora Biscotti to go with his hot tea. He doesn't want to eat it right away but he's worried that if he puts it down the dog will eat it.
THAT is what this post is about.
So he put the biscotti behind his ear, like a pencil.
And he is singing Jingle Bells softly to himself as he practices.
And the dog comes flying by out of nowhere, leaps at him and grabs the biscotti then continues running down the hall to eat it.
Yes, the Mr. does have a slightly injured dog-bitten ear.
What kind of yuletide freak show am I living in over here?
THAT is really what this post is about.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jazz went Mike Tyson on poor Dean's ear! Next time I think he should just eat the biscotti.

Pat said...

Why don't I find this strange?

MSU gal said...

That is hilarious. Hey! It reminded me of the time when your other weird dog, Frank, lept through the air, over the dining room table, grabbed a submarine sandwich out of your friend Mike's hands with her mouth and landed safely on the other side! I'll never forget the look on Mike's face and I will never forget thinking to myself that Frank instinctively knew Mike was the weakest person at the table, because we were all holding submarines at the time. Glad to see holiday tradition is alive and well at your house!

(Normal folks really aren't going to believe these factual accounts are they?)

MSU gal said...

tag

you're it

proceed to my blog!

Margie said...

now that is freaking hilarious. I always imagined that those stella dora biscotti tasted like dog biscuits, and now I know. Let's give one to Grace and see if she concurs.

Thanks for the laugh.

Anonymous said...

HA!

this is perfection.

Anonymous said...

Next time he should just put the cookie on the floor :)

Jada's Gigi said...

I'm cracking up sitting here at my desk! I just had a visual! LOL

KayMac said...

don't know which is funnier, dean w/ the biscuit behind his ear singing carols, or the happy face your dog must have had when it was all said and done!

Deb said...

too funny!

...but I'm sure that msugal86's comment about the submarine sandwich was made up. (p.s. I say that only to show that I'm trying to label myself 'normal'.)
ahem.

;)