Monday, February 05, 2007

Argyle Socks


There is no lesson to the following account of true events.
I have a hiatal hernia which causes me on occassion to require a procedure involving the insertion of a scope into my esophagus to measure the damage or lack thereof.
Many years ago this condition was causing me some pain and so my doctor felt it was time for the semi-annual scoping which is done outpatient in a hospital under light sedation.
This particular time my mother accompanied me to the hospital because one is not allowed to drive home afterward. Onto the stretcher I went in hospital gown and argyle socks. Off to the outpatient surgical area I went leaving all my belongings and clothing with my mother.
At some point during my procedure my mother started experiencing some discomfort and figured, "Hey! I'm right here in the hospital! I'll just go to the emergency room!"
And so I came out of anesthesia in my argyle socks and hospital gown to find my ride had disappeared with my clothing.
And so I had to wander to the emergency department wearing this ensemble in search of my mother and my clothing.
Eventually I found her, got dressed and somehow got home.
This probably explains a lot about who I am today.

Psalm 27:10
Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me.

11 comments:

Margie said...

Argyle socks?? nice. You make me laugh!

MSU gal said...

that is too funny.

one thing about this family--we are always there for each other in the emergency rooms! if you ever need a ride let me know because I owe you one.

I bet the argyle socks were fabulous!

Pat said...

Hey, I didn't feel well!
I think our stretchers passed in the hall because I saw a pair of feet sporting a pair of argyle socks go by, was that you? :)

tina fabulous said...

HA!
you are so lucy & ethel.

Mrs. Mac said...

I hope whilst you were wondering the halls in search of mommy, shuffling along in your argyle socks, that the hospital gown was fastened up in the back (lol).

Jada's Gigi said...

Oh Lord! I'm sure it DOES explain mostly everything! lol

hippieange83 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KayMac said...

Sara..too funny. Ok, I am dying to know...do you have sock monkeys made out of argyle socks?

HippieAnge: OUCH!

Tonya said...

That is too funny, Love this story. You always make me laugh with your series of events.

Deb said...

I thought the same thing that kaymac did --argyle sock monkeys!!

hippieange83 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.