Monday, February 26, 2007

The Now & The Not Yet


The Now and the Not Yet lyrics by AMY GRANT

No longer what we were before, But not all that we will be.
Tomorrow, when we lock the door, On all our compromising,
When He appears, He'll draw us near,
And we'll be changed by His glory, Wrapped up in His glory....

We will be like Him ,For we shall see Him, As He is.
No longer what we saw before, But not all that we will see.
Tomorrow, when we lock the door, On all our disbelieving,
When He appears (holy, holy),Our view will clear,
And we'll be changed by His glory, Wrapped up in His glory....

But I'm caught in between The now and the not yet;
Sometimes it seems like Forever and ever, That I've been reaching to be All that I am,
But I'm only a few steps nearer, Yet I'm nearer....

No longer what we were before ,But not all that we will be.
Tomorrow, when we lock the door, On all our disbelieving,
And He appears (holy, holy),He'll draw us near,
And we'll be changed by His glory,
Wrapped up in His glory....When He appears (holy, holy),
He'll draw us near, And we'll be changed by His glory, Wrapped up in His glory....

Ok, ok, I realize that it is decidedly uncool to acknowledge Amy Grant in 2007. But cool is something I’ve never been so let’s put that on the list of the now and the not yet...
I’m just soaking in the glory of the future and embracing some pslams that are speaking to me today.
It’s so good to know that I’m not yet all I will be. Not yet.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Great song lyrics! I haven't heard the song yet. And who says it's uncool to acknowledge Amy Grant?! I was just singing El Shaddai the other day! --and that other awesome song...Sing Your Praise to the Lord...come on everybody...stand up and sing one more hallelujah....

:)

tina fabulous said...

as long as you dont admit to ever liking or knowing the lyrics to "baby baby", you should be okay.

tina fabulous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.