Wednesday, March 21, 2007

God & My Dell

Isaiah 61:2-4
..to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.
They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations.

God lives inside my computer.
I know this because I’ve been using BibleGateway.com for a hundred years and looked up a thousand verses and yet this one always pops up when I click on the site on my bookmarks. Why this particular verse of all the ones I’ve searched? Oh, I’m sure there are some tech freaks out there who can offer me some explanation but I like my own. God lives inside my computer.
Since I use BibleGateway every single day, sometimes several times a day; you’d think I’d ignore this verse when it pops up, but no. I always stop to read it and I always think to myself, “Man, that’s good stuff!”
What more could you ask for?
You’ve got your ashes. Clearly whatever castles you’ve built are burned to the ground.
You’re in mourning...the death of? Dreams, plans, relationships, ideas...?
Despair. It’s the ultimate “I got nothin’ here.”
So you’ve burned your life to the ground, you’re sitting in your own mess crying and you’re hopeless. Then in walks God and you get a crown (and who doesn’t love that?); the oil of gladness. I don’t know for sure what that is but I’m thinking it’s a fabulous perfume and it is so pretty it makes you glad just sniffing on yourself. A garment of praise? Clearly that is a new outfit just perfect for getting your praise on. Mine makes me look like Charlize Theron.
So now you’re looking good, smelling good and wearing a crown. Things are definitely looking up.
Next thing you know, you’re an oak of righteousness! Righteousness! You are looking so beautiful in spiritual places that the splendor God is displayed in you. YOU!
In fact, you are so fly that every broken down mess you’ve made for the last how-ever-many years is about to be rebuilt. I’m thinking this means you’re moving into a deluxe apartment in the sky-hy-y.
It doesn’t even matter if your mom, your grandpa and your great great granny were jacked up. It’s a new day baby.
Seriously, what more could you want? If you invite God into your computer, maybe you can look like Beyonce. Something to think about.

7 comments:

Margie said...

great post sister, but I do not want to look like Beyonce...

Amber Land said...

I also love the post but would not like to look like Beyonce.

Sara said...

i think you're both bootylicious. deal with it.

tina fabulous said...

i think mine is trying to make me look like ned beatty.

i remember when you taught us that at pnp. (see, i like, listen and stuff). ergo, i must conclude that God wants to you resurrect it. good times, they were.

Jada's Gigi said...

God lives in my computer too!! But I don't wanna look like Beyonce either...Charlize Theron now...hmmm that;s another matter altogether...:)

tina fabulous said...

ps i would love to look like beyonce. apparently, no one else cares to acknowledge her beauty.

Pat said...

I would love to have a dee-lux apartment in the sky-hy-y! The view would be awesome. I'm all about the view, the crown is a plus and sweet smelling perfume - who could ask for anything more?