Thursday, July 16, 2009

Chipmumps?


Please pray for the Mr. today. He started to have some pain in his glands yesterday and they became hugely swollen. I think he was running a low grade fever last night while he slept. I forced him to stay home today to see a doctor. As unbelievable as it sounds, it really looks like mumps to me! Many people who had vaccinations as children are no longer protected into adulthood and would need a booster so it's not an impossible diagnosis. So please, remember him to the Lord.
Also please pray that the doctor would, of course, have wisdom and insight to whatever is going on.
Update: The doctor did not mention mumps nor did the Mr. ask; of course! Doc says maybe infection, maybe blockage. Got an antibiotic prescription and if no improvement by Monday he'll see an ENT. Dean doesn't feel bad, the worst was yesterday all though he still looks very, very swollen. Pat, he had terrible pain yesterday when he started to eat! That's why I am suspicious! No one believes I am a doctor.
Uppidy Update: Dean is off to practice promising he'll be home early and get to bed. HOWEVER, I am having some body aches and a dull headache that does not bode well.

9 comments:

Stacy said...

will pray...

Amrita said...

Sorry to hear that. get well soon Mr.

Margie said...

you got it!

Trish said...

Ya wanna know for sure if it's mimps? Now, it's gonna sound crazy... but we Southerners give the chipmunk a Dill Pickle to bite on and if they go into contortions of pain...it's the mumps...for sure and for certain! I remember doing it, to this day...Old Southern Wives tale??? Maybe, but it worked!!!!
Praying he feels better soon!

Trish said...

Good grief...not mimps...MUMPS!!!

Trish said...

Yes, Sara you are a Dr. and they should believe you...now make him suck on a pickle...it will confirm your diagnosis!!! ;)

Amber Land said...

Will be praying for him. Aid would believe you, she's a doctor too you know!

Trish said...

Praying you don't get up looking like a chipmump!!!

Mrs. Mac said...

"I am having some body aches and a dull headache that does not bode well." I love that line ...especially the 'does not bode well' part ... something Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables would say (Ann .. with and 'e' .. of course).

Mumps .. I thought they were a thing of the past. I do pray (seriously) that your Dean does not have them .. nor that if he does .. shares them with you. I had my suspicions that you were really a doctor .. now there is confirmation. I'm dabbling in the beginning stages of 'old medicine woman' .. the type that was a midwife, picked wild herbs, made poultices from mustard and goose fat. I already have the hair for it (gray). Let's see, for Dean, a sprig of rosemary wrapped in a steaming cloth dipped in green tea .. loosely applied to the throat area three times a day. I'll take some eggs as payment and be back in the afternoon to check on the patient. Now I'm off to the woods to pick berries. (I'm off all right) ... sssshhhh