Monday, July 20, 2009

Hello Monday Morning

Morning! After working the weekend, it's a much appreciated day off for me. Little bit of this and that planned. Straightening the house, a load or two of laundry, library run. Nothing special but I so love having the whole day to myself. And of course, somewhere in there I'll be sitting outside just relaxing. Probably after my library visit so I'll have a new book to enjoy. There is literally nothing in this house to read. Just finished "Odd Hours" by Dean Koontz. It's a beautiful day here, a little cooler and can't decide whether or not to be overcast but it's beautiful because I'm off work!
Oh, and here's a picture my mom took of the patio I unearthed on the north side of the yard aka the farm. The Mr. put in the garden box for me in early spring but the area under the awning had just been a trash can area. I vaguely remembered as a kid that the patio ran all the way down the length of the garage although other than the trash storage the rest of the area was dirt. So I grabbed a shovel last week to clear the dirt and voila! There is indeed a bit of a patio over there! The grandparents never used it as such but I'm repurposing it. There was never any real seating area over there and we're quite enjoying it. It's more private than Italy (the deck.) Lots of big trees and our garden to look at. The Mr. bought me a hammock for my birthday and found the chairs you see here, which match the hammock, on clearance at ACO a few days ago. A trip to Jo Anne's and the little round tables were on clearance for $13 & $17. Some elbow grease helped along by my dad coming by with a power washer and our casual farm patio made its debut for the shish-a-palooza. Of course it was freezing and raining and no one actually sat there but my mom was kind enough to take a picture of it anyway.
Gonna go sit out there in my clearance chair and finish my coffee and that should be about the time to get dressed and go to the library.
Come on by for a cup of joe! You choose...the farm or Italy?

1 comment:

Pat said...

Who knew you'd ever shop at JoAnne's? You really are my daughter.