Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The sandals

I present to you the sandals of which I spoke on Saturday, the ones that were $20 less than the Sketcher's brand I originally went shopping for. For which I went shopping that is.


I was actually prepared to spend closer to $100 for sandals as that was what I was considering last summer but this year there seem to be more options in a more reasonable price range. My mom reports having a similar pair to those pictured from K-Mart, Dr. Scholl's brand for $30 that are comfortable per her review.


I admit to having a basket full of Old Navy flip flops that you can pick up for the cheap price of $5 each and worth every cent. If you have feet that are at all sensitive, these babies are not for more than out to eating. Being available in every color though, I do think they are fine for just that kind of activity. Paired with a coordinated t-shirt they are very cute. A little higher on the scale are Kohl's flip flops which are cuter than the Old Navy and run from about $10 up to $20 per pair. More comfortable and probably great for the average person but my feet hurt pretty much all the time so again, good for short runs only for me.


Being a wearer of jeans or yoga pants and t-shirts these Croft & Barrel sandals will work well for me I do believe. They looked cute with my jeans and I wore them for about four hours around the house on Saturday and they were comfortable. I can't wear a shoe without arch support because I lack arches as well as toe-ing in which results in foot, leg and back pain if I don't wear proper shoes as well as consciously correct my pigeon toes. Which is why I was considering spending $100 on a pair of shoes that would work with my challenges.


So there you have the latest in summer footwear plans. It will be time in a few weeks to pack up my beloved brown riding boots which are my other standby. Have I told you about my boots? Ahh, a story for another day!

2 comments:

Pat said...

I'm liking those alot. The look like they won't let your pinky toe escape, which is very important to me.
I'm still giving my Dr. Scholls two thumbs up. No pinky toe escaping in those either.

Louise said...

I wonder how they'd work for folks with neuropathy, like me?? I've GOT to find shoes for these feet of mine.