Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Aching eyebrows and Hungarian mud feet~



Ah, I'm feeling melancholy. It comes naturally, in case you weren't aware, to Hungarians. It's more or less our default mood. It doesn't mean depressed, although some of us are particularly vulnerable to that as well.
I have the flu, or something. I ache all over, even my skin and my eyebrows hurt. No exaggeration, eye brow ache. It's uncomfortable enough to have me home from work for two days. Usually I love to be home from work but not today. I want to be there doing my job but instead I'm here with aching eyebrows and that is making me melancholy.
My Scarf Sisters are gathering one by one here in Michigan for a long weekend but I'm unable to participate because my work schedule has changed and that makes me melancholy too. I was going to spend a few hours with them but then this doggone flu or something struck and I truly don't feel well enough to haul myself out of the house and certainly don't want to make them sick.
Ah. Melancholy.
Tomorrow I'm praying to be back to work and that will help me feel more in control and less melancholy I'm sure. For me, melancholy feels like I have one foot stuck deep in mud and I can't seem to pull free and do what I want to do. I wanted to be with the Sisters but couldn't because of work. Well, then, I want to work but I can't because my skin hurts. My foot is good and stuck today.
I know my Sisters are having a wonderful time and for that I will smile and be glad. And it's really not as bad as it sounds around here, snuggled up on the couch and watching Cary Grant movies. But it sure will be nice when my foot gets unstuck from this mud.

No comments: