Monday, June 04, 2012

God on the wind



The view from my hammock.
 Good morning, the Mitten is raised in worship to the Lord, who is right now knitting our Rowan's heart together!  Our last update from her mama Katie was full of good news...wiggling toes and fluttering eyelids; improving cardiac function and perfect labs.  I feel like I've spent the weekend in a sanctuary of prayer and in my intercession for Ro, I am renewed by association.  Isn't God good?  Last night I was laying on a hammock in the back yard staring up at the trees above me which were blowing in a mighty strong wind.  Ro's name was on my heart and I was continuing as I had been all weekend to pray continuously when the Holy Spirit brought this scripture to mind...

As soon as you hear the sound of marching in the tops of the balsam trees, move quickly, because that will mean the LORD has gone out in front of you to strike the Philistine army.  2 Samuel 5:24

This refers to the army of God, led by David, waiting for the wind to blow through the trees as the sign that God has marched out into battle; leading them to victory.   After 40+ years of knowing the Lord, I was still in awe of God blowing the breath of life across miles and literally into the body of this sweet baby.  You'll never convince me that this was just a windy evening.  It was the Holy Spirit, it was the rush of angel wings, it was the earth spinning to turn Ro toward the face of God. 

My gramma taught me this verse, it's as familiar to me as the bedtime stories other children remember from childhood.  When the wind would blow across The Farm's meadows she would tell me about King David and the wind rushing through the branches of the trees.  We would lay under the giant tree just outside kitchen door and watch the sun sparkling through the wiggling leaves, the sky blue behind it.   My child's heart would forever feel God marching across the tops of trees blowing in the wind.   In case you didn't know, I was born with a heart defect as well...a hole between the chambers.  The Lord knit my heart together with his own hand,  a miracle.  Once God has marched through the trees over head and closed your heart with his fingerprint,  you tend to live with the assumption of miracles.

Lay with your broken heart under the trees and wait for the sound of the wind...

2 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

Whoosh! I beleive I just felt that wind right here in my house!

Mrs. Mac said...

Sittin' in the mitten and knittin', singing and praising God. You have such inspiration right in your own backyard :)