Friday, June 16, 2006

Born Identity



Psalm 57:7
My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.


My husband turns 41 this year. He was a junior in high school when I met him. Man, is he getting old! Glad I’m not.
Dean is a musician and has been since that first moment I laid eyes on him. I have been alternately proud of that and hated it. Sometimes simultaneously.
Over time, I’ve come to understand that for the Mr., it’s more than picking up a bass or singing into a microphone; it’s his life’s work. Worship is his language.
I have written a lot on this blog about how much I love him and how grateful I am to be Dean’s wife so I won’t belabor the point today.
What I wanted to say is that for many of us, we spend the time between our first and last breaths figuring out the why of our existence. But Dean has shown me through his music the why of all existence. My husband has taught me to worship.
Sometimes I have thought that I was born for him, and him for me. I’ve even said as much to him. He always smiles that sweet dimply grin of his and says in the gentlest way possible that no, he wasn’t born for me. He was born for God.
And God in turn, gave me a gift on June 15, 1965.
And that gift taught me what I was born for.
And together, we worship.
Happy Birthday Baby.

4 comments:

Pat said...

You've brought joy to this family, not to mention those awesome sons!
We wish you a very happy birthday!

Margie said...

OH!! I am so jealous of you! You lost 120 lbs, you have a great mom, an awesome sister, a husband that worships with you, two awesome sons!!

Happy Birthday Dean! You rock!

Kell said...

Happy Birthday Dean!
Lots of Love

Tracey, in MI said...

awwwwww... and mine- (who'll be 40 i a few months!) teaches me to laugh. He teaches me joy.

Ya made me cry- then be thankful- thnx;)